Texas has a pretty well-known reputation for being the Cowboy state; full of extremely right-wing people and great barbecue.
A few things people don’t know about the new Texas is that it’s full of students, young adults, and tech-inspired people followin their dreams. Texas has evolved into a very diverse state of people from all different walks of life.
Of course, Texas as a whole has maintained it’s reputation as being a big, lively, and different place to live. Not only being a beautiful part of the country, Texas has so much history and to see it evolving into a very positive place for many early entrepreneurs and creatives, this makes it a hotspot for plenty of people to move. Here are a few reasons why a lot of people are making the move to Texas.
1. It’s cheaper. The cost of living is so low that a great quality life is inexpensive. Housing, food, and other items are at a lower cost than many other places in the country.
2. Lower taxes. There is no personal income tax in Texas and no corporate income tax. There is a sales tax, but it is still lower than most other states.
3. Low unemployment. This means there are jobs! Surprising because there is a major lack of work in other states near by. This is a great thing for people looking to stabilize and grow their career.
4. Good schools. The school system in Texas is one of the best int he country. They take care of all students regardless of economical status or minority.
5. Very little to no snow. This is great news for East coasters or Northerners! The weather is temperate year-round.
Texas is attracting young people everywhere to live a happy, cheaper, fuller live with great culture – especially in cities like Austin!